Shelter is the basic human need like food and clothing. A welfare state committed to the development of society and betterment of its people must give high priority basic necessities to its citizens. Federal Government took a major initiative to provide shelter to its employees. The Federal Government Employees Housing Foundation was set up in 1988 and registered as a company, limited by guarantee, with the objectives of formulating programs, projects and their launching, sponsoring and implementing regarding provision of shelter to the Federal Government Employees in all major cities of Pakistan.
First Scheme launched by the Housing Foundation was a self-financing scheme on ownership basis in Islamabad in 1988. It was a venture, first of its kind, and received tremendous response from Federal Government employees who welcomed and deeply appreciated the scheme. The Housing Foundation has launched eight housing schemes since its inception and has provided 15,456 houses and plots to the eligible candidates.
The Federal Government Employees Housing Foundation has a three management system. A board of governors: headed by the Minister for Housing and Works, an Executive Committee: headed by the Secretary, Housing & Works and the Organization, headed by a Senior Engineer, designated as director General.
Phase-IV, of the F.G.E. Housing Scheme is located in RAMNA-14 (Sector G-14), Zone-1, Islamabad and consists of three Sub sectors G-14/1, G-14/2 and G-14/3. It is spread over an area an area measuring 608 acres, which is being acquired though the Land Acquisition Collector (Deputy Commissioner), Islamabad under the Land Acquisition Act, 1894.
1. The main access of the scheme will be from the Shahrah-Kashmir.
2. The Capital Development Authority (CDA) has already accorded approval in principle to launch the scheme.
The proposed Housing Scheme is expected to be one of the most prestigious, modern and pollution free residential sectors of Islamabad. The development envisages a self-contained housing estate with all civic amenities to meet the requirements of a modern urban living.
• Plots of various sizes will be provided in commensuration with the Town Planning Standards adopted in other posh residential sectors of Islamabad.
• The investment of the allottees will be 100% secure.
• Payment of costs has been planned and scheduled in easy installments.
• Scope of the Scheme has been restricted to the provision of developed plots only.
• Construction of houses will be done by the allottees themselves.
• Planning and Design Standards frames by the CDA from time to time will be followed during execution of the housing scheme.
Federal Government Employees Housing Foundation
2nd Floor, Block-7, Main Civic Center, Islamabad.