Posts Tagged ‘Sales Tax’
eCBR is a comprehensive self-service web portal, developed and managed by Pakistan Revenue Automation Pvt Ltd (PRAL) to provide round the clock (24/7) e-Filing services to the valued taxpayers in Pakistan. During last few decades different categories of taxpayer were facing many difficulties in submitting their tax returns. Now the taxpayers can e-file their Tax Returns and Statements to the Income Tax and Sales Tax departments remotely through internet, and save their precious time for running their businesses in this competitive world. Chartered Accountants and Tax Practitioners can also avail e-filing facility on behalf of their clients.
Today, you don't need to wait at bank counters for submitting tax fomrs and statements, use e-Payment service of eCBR and prepare your tax payments online; then visit the bank to pay or advise the bank to debit directly from your bank account electronically. In near future approved refunds would also be directly credited to the bank accounts electronically.
There is also an e-Notification service of e-CBR that keeps the taxpayers updated through SMS and e-Mail messages regarding declaration acceptance and payments made. For further convenience of the taxpayers, alerts are also initiated by the system to remind about the forthcoming tax events.
If you want to avail new and advance services of CBR, just get enrolled with e-CBR (e-Enrollment Service) and start availing the e-Services by visiting e.cbr.gov.pk or enjoy a Live Demo.
How e-Filling works
Using e-services at eCBR is extremely simple; you just require to have a User-Id and Password through e-enrollment which is an online-registration process. Enrollment is available for following types of users:
- Corporate Taxpayers
- Salaried / Business Individuals & AOPs
- E-Intermediaries (CA, ITP, etc.)
- Govt. Departments (Non taxpayer entities)
Services offered by CBR
- e-Filing of Income Tax Returns
- e-Filing of Income Tax/Withholding Statements
- e-Filing of Sales Tax Returns
- e-Filing of Invoice Summary Statements
- e-Notifications & Alerts
- Online submission of NTN application
- Online submission of STRN application
Why use e-filling?
- e-Filing is mandatory for companies
- Hassle free Submission
- Easy revision
- Auto Tax calculation
- Online Status Tracking
- Easy Tax payments
- Prompt Refunds
- Save time for your business instead of visiting the tax office
- No visits required for submission of Returns and obtaining Acknowledgment receipts
- Working on e-CBR has been secured through 128 bit encryption by using SSL based communication
- For further security, additional Users can be created for Preparation, Verification & Submission functions
- Upon special request fixed/static IP based access can also be arranged
- NTN of Company
- Registration / Inc. No.
- NTN/CNIC of One Director
Individual / AOP Taxpayers
- CNIC (CNIC of Partner in case of AOP)
With above information a Company, Individual / AOP would be able to obtain its User-Id/Password after completing the e-Enrollment process.
Government Departments & Non-Taxpayers
- A representative will complete the request for e-Enrollment as Withholding Agent (Non-Taxpayer Entity).
- Head of Accounts/Finance Department and Head of the Organization sign and stamp the e-Enrollment Form on official Letter Head and sends at following address fro issuance of User-ID and Password.
PRAL (HQ), 5th Floor,
Evacue Trust Complex, F-5,
Aga Khan Road, Islamabad.
Help Line: 0800-00-227
The Federal Board of Revenue is the federal agency of Pakistan engaged in the process of collecting revenue for the Government. After independence Central Board of Revenue was working according to Central Board of Revenue Act 1924, and this arrangement continued up to 31 August 1960. Than on the recommendation of the Administrative Re-organization Committee, FBR was made an attached department of the Ministry of Finance.
FUNCTIONS OF FBR / REVENUE DIVISION
The executive head of the board, i.e the Chairman, FBR and Secretary of the Revenue Division has following responsibilities, these are also the functions of FBR:
1. Formulation and administration of fiscal policies
2. Levy and collection of federal taxes
3. Quasi-judicial function of hearing of appeals
Universally accepted principle about taxation is tax according to a person’s ability. A tax levied on income can not be shifted to others, it is progressive in nature, and tends to reduce economic disparity. The rates and methods for tax calculation varies with fiscal status of the tax payer and Government policies. Broad categories of taxpayers are:
- Association of Persons (AOP)
- Non Salaried Individuals
- Salaried Individuals
CAPITAL VALUE TAX (CVT)
It is payable by companies, firms, and individuals which acquire an asset by purchase or a right to use for more than 20 years.
CORPORATE ASSET TAX
This is one time levy on the value of fixed assets held by the company on the “specified date” payable as defined in Companies Ordinance 1984.
This tax is chargeable on all imported and locally produced goods except goods specified in sixth schedule to the Sales Tax Act, 1990. Following sectors are chargeable for sales tax and responsible for registration for sales tax:
- Distribution, Wholesale & Retail stage
The Central Board of Revenue issued instructions to all registered persons, companies etc. to file a return on monthly basis by 15th of each month regarding the sales made. For the financial year 2009-10, it is compulsory for registered persons to file returns electronically and return to be submitted on FBR’s e-portal by 18th of that month.
FEDERAL EXCISE DUTY
Taxes levied on the goods traded across the borders provide a major source of revenue to the Government of Pakistan. The Federal Excise Act, 2005 was formally made public with effect from 1st July, 2005. Federal Excise Duty is payable on various items few of them are as under:
- Goods imported into Pakistan
- Goods produced or manufactured in Pakistan
- Services, provided or rendered in Pakistan
Special Excise Duty (SED)
Special Excise Duty (SED) @1% is levied on goods which are manufacture or imported in Pakistan.
Federal Board of Revenue House,
Constitution Avenue, G-5, Islamabad.
Telephone Index Exchange No: 051-9207540
Toll Free Number : 0800-00227
SCOPE OF ONLINE JOBS IN PAKISTAN
Online jobs provide you an opportunity to do work from the home without facing inconvenience of travel and multiple hours’ commitment. Online jobs include writing, market research, data processing, translation, medical transcription, medical billing audio writing, logo design, PHP, Tele marketing, website security, engineering, banner design, photography, web design, web promotion, information selling and product assembling, secretarial work, legal advice and many more. In most of the cases, online jobs require short background in specific field and little experience, but in some cases, it may require highly qualified IT professional degree and experience.
IT professionals of Pakistan have very good reputation in freelance market because they are providing quality work in given time for little amount. If you want to join this industry, join [...]