Archive for the ‘Institutes1’ Category
The Suleman Dawood School of Business (SDSB) of the Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) is an institute of higher education in Pakistan. Vision of the Business School and the University is gaining a regional recognition for excellence in research. The school proposes a research based doctoral degree program in management; this is in addition to School’s undergraduate program in accounting and finance, flagship MBA Program and the much in demand Executive MBA Program. The Business School is very lucky to have a highly qualified faculty. The faculty is best in the region and remains active in various avenues of research and scholarship. The campus furnishes specially designed office space and work environment for PhD students so that students can concentrate fully on the research and scholarship.
In keeping with its declared goal of becoming an internationally renowned centre of research in the field of management, the Suleman Dawood School of Business is offering a course-based PhD Program in the following two specializations:
a) Organizational Behavior/Strategy & Organization (OB/S&O)
b) Operations Management (OM).
In this program, outstanding students will have a chance to gain the knowledge and skills required to engage research at the frontiers of the management field under the supervision of the best management professors in Pakistan. This PhD degree is ideal for those looking for academic research and teaching careers in management.
SDSB is proposing PhD courses and doctoral dissertation Supervision in Organizational Behavior/Strategy & Organization (OB/S&O). This specialization area (OB/S&O) mentions to a collection of theory and research that helps formulate a deeper understanding of personal, interpersonal, and system-wide processes in organizations. It especially allows you to gain greater brainstorms into the functioning of complex and developing organizations. The chief objective of OB/S&O is to train students in theory and methods of the following disciplines:
• Organizational Behavior
• Human Resource Management
• Strategy/Organization Studies
Operations Management (OM)
This specialization area (OM) deals with assembling people, material, machine, and method for optimal benefits. The area draws upon a wide range of subjects including mathematics, economics and other social sciences. Work performed in this area is typically characterized by a mixture of theoretical and applied research.
• Enterprise Modeling
• Mathematical Modeling/ Optimization
• Scheduling and Transportation
• Supply Chain Management
• Total Quality Management
• PhD candidates can also pursue doctoral research that examines problems and issues pertaining to Pakistani industry and emerging economies.
Current Research Topics
SDSB faculty is engaged in research in the topics given below:
• Corporate Social Responsibility & Business Ethics
• Critical Management Studies
• Industrial Management Studies
• Industrial Clusters & Competitive Strategy
• Cross-Cultural Management
• Leadership & Organizational Change
• Motivation, Values, Attitudes and Behavior
Financial Aid – PhD Management
The University’s policy is to accept students purely on merit, regardless of their financial status or background. Other types of financial aid will include a monthly stipend up to PKR 20,000 so that the students devote themselves to full-time studies without fiscal restraints. Teaching assistantship and stipends to support faculty in research projects are some of the other chances that may be available to doctoral students for additional financial assistance, subject to faculty approval. If a student receives financial support from another source, the said amount of fee waiver and/or scholarship allowance given by LUMS would be adjusted accordingly.
Suleman Dawood School of Business
Lahore University of Management sciences
Opposite Sector ‘U’ DHA, Lahore Cantt. 54792 Pakistan
Phone: +92-42-111-LUMS (5867) (EXT. 2387)
SDSB MBA Program
Dr. Syed Zahoor Hassan, Vice Chancellor LUMS
Millions of people suffering from kidney problems in Pakistan are trying every moment to catch up with life. Pakistan Kidney Institute, Islamabad is playing a vital role in bringing these people closer to life. PKI, established in April 2004 as a non-profit organization, this Institute emerged as a strong hope due to the untiring efforts of Dr. Saeed Akhter, Head of Urology and Transplant Surgery Department, Shifa International Hospital. He invited distinguished surgeons and physicians of Pakistani origin with philanthropic proclivity from all over the world, so that while sharing their profuse knowledge and experience, they may fulfill their religious, social, moral and professional obligations towards their fellow countrymen.
Pakistan Kidney Institute is equipped with most modern paraphernalia and facilities as per the contemporary international standards for urology, nephrology and transplant surgery. The Institute has been established to cater for the meager and underprivileged populace so that poverty and lack of resources may not become non-negotiable impediments in their quest for best available treatment. That is to say that Pakistan Kidney Institute ensures that economic deprivation may not drag them away from life for want of proper treatment.
• Provision of best available medical facilities to the poor and deserving without discrimination.
• Quality contemporary education and training at under-graduate (medical students) and post-graduate levels in the field of urology and nephrology.
• Access to quality research of highest pedestals.
What Services PKI Offer:
• Every patient is registered under a specific medical record number, which ensures maintenance of a permanent record for lifetime facilitating much better treatment.
• After detailed scrutiny of the monetary status of a patient, a customized financial assistance plan is devised. Keeping in view the aforesaid data, the patients are classified in to three groups:-
i. Treatment is provided on cost-to-cost basis against payment.
ii. Treatment be provided totally free of charges.
iii. Any suitable package in between the two cited above.
• The patient may belong to any of the financial stratum above, the surgeons and physicians render their valuable services voluntarily and do not charge any consultation remuneration.
• Pakistan Kidney Institute manages this financial assistance to deserving patients through valuable donations (Zakat & Sadqaat) received from generous donors.
• Construction of an exclusive edifice for Pakistan Kidney Institute.
• Augmentations of 8-12 beds in the high quality ward of Pakistan Kidney Institute.
Special Consideration for Women & Children
Pakistan Kidney Institute extends special attention and care for women and children, as this sub-class is the most ignored faction even within the deprived and under-privileged community.
Highest Standards in Urology and Kidney Transplant
• Every year thousands of patients including women and children benefit from the latest medical treatment available at Pakistan Kidney Institute.
• Large number of patients including children have benefited from the kidney transplant facility of the Institute.
• Multitudes of deserving patients have availed free medicines and free medical consultancy.
Philosophy of Institute
The philosophy of Pakistan Kidney Institute which distinguishes it from other such organizations is that Pakistan Kidney Institute shows ‘Zero Tolerance’ towards illegal trade of kidneys which exploits the poor ignorant masses. To ensure, PKI only accept organ donations from donors who are directly related to the patient. This way, the Institute contributes towards the cause of eradication of this illegal and inhuman trade of human organs from Pakistan, thereby also improving upon our image internationally.
Pakistan Kidney Institute / Shifa Foundation
Shifa International Hospital Ltd. Sector H-8/4, Islamabad
Tel: 051-4100397, 4603666, 4603038,4603169,4603525,4603294
A Documentary on Pakistan Kidney Institute
Pakistan Kidney Institute on Kamran Khan Show
SCOPE OF ONLINE JOBS IN PAKISTAN
Online jobs provide you an opportunity to do work from the home without facing inconvenience of travel and multiple hours’ commitment. Online jobs include writing, market research, data processing, translation, medical transcription, medical billing audio writing, logo design, PHP, Tele marketing, website security, engineering, banner design, photography, web design, web promotion, information selling and product assembling, secretarial work, legal advice and many more. In most of the cases, online jobs require short background in specific field and little experience, but in some cases, it may require highly qualified IT professional degree and experience.
IT professionals of Pakistan have very good reputation in freelance market because they are providing quality work in given time for little amount. If you want to join this industry, join [...]