- Badshahi Masjid was built in 1673 by a Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb in Lahore.
- Masjid was completed under the supervision of Aurangzeb’s foster brother Muzaffar Hussain, who was the governor of Lahore. It was completed in 2 years.
- About 400 years ago Ravi River flow close to the stairs of the Badshahi Mosque.
- About 55,000 people can offer prayer at a time.
- Right now, it is the second largest masjid in Pakistan.
- The design of this masjid is same as Jama Masjid Dehli.
- The small kiln burnt bricks, lime mortar and red sand stone, also called sange surkh, were used in the construction of the masjid.
- On the occasion of the second Islamic Summit held in Lahore in 1974, all the heads of Muslim states offered their Friday prayers in this Masjid.
One Response to “SOME FACTS ABOUT BADSHAHI MASJID LAHORE | Badshahi Mosque”
Leave a Reply
Importance of Cisco Certification in Pakistan for IT professionals
Do you want to know what Cisco certification is all about? Are you interested in online Cisco certification? Remember, you are not alone there are thousands of individuals in search of accredited online institute offering Cisco certification courses. Learning with the help of computer and internet is one of the most important things that you will ever have to do.
Today, you can learn various things with an online computer education, there are hundreds of online certification schools on the internet. Today, online computer education is on the rise, thousands of people from all over the world are getting online certifications and online degrees. Only in Pakistan thousands of information technology (IT) [...]