- Badshahi Masjid was built in 1673 by a Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb in Lahore.
- Masjid was completed under the supervision of Aurangzeb’s foster brother Muzaffar Hussain, who was the governor of Lahore. It was completed in 2 years.
- About 400 years ago Ravi River flow close to the stairs of the Badshahi Mosque.
- About 55,000 people can offer prayer at a time.
- Right now, it is the second largest masjid in Pakistan.
- The design of this masjid is same as Jama Masjid Dehli.
- The small kiln burnt bricks, lime mortar and red sand stone, also called sange surkh, were used in the construction of the masjid.
- On the occasion of the second Islamic Summit held in Lahore in 1974, all the heads of Muslim states offered their Friday prayers in this Masjid.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]SOME FACTS ABOUT BADSHAHI MASJID LAHORE | Badshahi Mosque,
Pakistan's Best Info Portal!